French Graduate Program
Students pursuing the Master of Arts in Languages, Literatures, and Cultures with a concentration in French must choose an area of emphasis:
- Theoretical and Applied Linguistics
- Literary and Cultural Studies
The concentration in French is temporarily unavailable. For more information please contact the French advisor, Dr. Erin Tremblay Ponnou-Delaffon.
Our graduate program has award-winning faculty members, excellent students, and a welcoming academic environment. We pride ourselves on our outstanding graduate faculty, dedicated students, and helpful staff.
Visit our Graduate Program page for more information about graduate advising, courses, assistantships, reading lists, and more.
- 33 semester credits of graduate course work
- 3.0 grade-point average in graduate course work
- At least 18 credits in French
- At least 18 credits at the 400 level
- At least 9 credits of core courses (LAN 405, LAN 475 or 480, LAN 485, LAN 490)
- At least 9 credits in the Area of Emphasis
- In the final semester: comprehensive examination or thesis